For those arriving in Porto Torres, Cagliari, etc.
The maritime connections.
daily connections from Genoa, Livorno, Civitavecchia, Naples to the ports of Cagliari, Olbia and Porto Torres with the ferry companies:
Do you have a car?
For those arriving in Cagliari:
- Direction Iglesias SS 130, at the Km. 44, take the deviation to Villamassargia and Carbonia. At the junction of Carbonia-Sirai it's possible to go straight towards Portovesme or deviate for Calasetta.
- Cagliari-Portovesme = Km. 90 about
- Cagliari-Calasetta = Km. 130 about
For those arriving in Porto Torres:
- Direction to Cagliari SS 131, after Sanluri, exit at Sammassi Vallermosa-up to the junction with the SS 130 for Iglesias, then follow the directions above for those arriving from Cagliari.
Don't you have a car?
For hose arriving in Cagliari:
From the port of Cagliari you have to reach Calasetta or Portovesme, where ferries depart for Carloforte, using:
- The bus of the company ARST, departing from Cagliari City.
Travel time of about 2-3 hours depending on the journey.
- Private taxis that start from Carloforte or Cagliari on reservation. Some of these also rent a little bus with driver (NCC) for collective trips that leave from Cagliari at certain times of the day. The costs of travel with NCC are very similar to those of train and bus and then this last solution is the most used. To find a NCC service you should visit the page of useful numbers.
For those arriving in Portotorres or Olbia:
You must arrive by train to Cagliari, then follow the directions above for those arriving from Cagliari.
Connections by Delcomar from Calasetta or Portovesme. About 30-40 minutes, daily and night, bookable.
You are in Carloforte!
Welcome to Carloforte
It 's true, the trip was a bit tiring, but it was worth!